ARROWS DOWN (ANIMATED)
David Glass Ensemble is an artist led international theatre company creating vibrant, relevant and powerful theatre. Since 1979 David Glass has been performing and creating across the world, and then in 1990 he established the David Glass Ensemble as a pioneering physical, devised and applied theatre company. Creative learning and engagement with artists and audiences around the world is central to the company's ethos, while vivid, celebratory storytelling sits at the heart of the company's values and process.
The Ensemble engages imaginatively, and boldly to a world that is furiously changing in new and extraordinary ways. And during this time of virtual relationships, the shared visceral experience of theatre is more important than ever.
VALUES TITLE – LEFT
Original work, adaptations and ongoing socially relevant projects (such as The Lost Child, AB Project and This Changes Everything), are all ways that the Ensemble develops long term sustainable work.
One of our core values is the support of emerging artists through mentoring, accessible training opportunities, and through employment. By working with older more established artists, young artists learn through experience and develop their network- both essential for sustainable arts work.
VALUES TITLE – RIGHT
- We believe:
- In theatre we must engage, entertain and if we do this well we might, if we're lucky, educate.
- The arts job is to evoke, provoke and invoke through great storytelling.
- We are not here to lecture but to reveal, seduce, delight, surprise and most of all move the audience.
- Let us fail at excellence, not succeed at mediocrity.
- In theatre we play problems, not solve problems.
- Life is inconvenient, messy and a struggle. Let theatre reflect this and you might have an art form that has passion at its root and ordinary people might want to see.